Your family may have a fancier recipe, but this basic one off the Chabad website is super scrumptious and simple enough for beginners!
- 1 and 1/3 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup ground beef or chicken (or potatoes, etc)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the dough ingredients together. Knead and roll out thin on floured board. Cut into 3 inch squares or circles.
- In another bowl, mix filling ingredients well. Place a teaspoon of filling carefully in the center of dough. Fold so sides meet in center and press edges together, fold the top over to ‘seal’ – helps to dip finger in cold water to moisten.
- Kreplach can now be boiled and served in soup or sauteed in oil.
- Place in boiling salted water – cook approximately 20 minutes until kreplach float to top. Add to your favorite broth and enjoy!
- Heat in skillet over medium flame, take boiled kreplach and saute until golden brown on both sides. Yum!