Do Up Your Hair for the Holidays
Ok, I admit it. I love to splurge from time to time as much as the next girl. And I have to tell you, my new favorite splurge is going to see celebrity stylist Ryan Crupi at the Andy LeCompte Salon here in West Hollywood, CA. But since I am Fabulous AND Frugal, there is no way I can go to see Ryan to prep for all of my holiday festivities – so I asked him for D.I.Y. tips on how to do holiday hair at home. It turns out, that you can recreate the salon experience – with you as your own on call stylist!
Ryan is known for doing the hair of celebrities like Kate Walsh, Rachel Bilson and Emanuelle Chriqui. Having long hair myself, I wanted to know how to re-create their natural, sexy beach-y look at home. Here are Ryan’s easy steps. In just 15 minutes you too can get the look I WISH I had when I roll out of bed!
Ryan’s 15 Minutes To Fabulous Hair
Follow these easy steps and you too can rock tousled waves without spending a ton of dough!
- After washing hair towel dry very well – remove as much moisture as possible.
- Spray all over with R Y A N C R U P I • O C E A N S P R A Y™
(this is the only product I use, by the way)
- Blow dry with your fingers – keep your fingers running through it constantly. And yes, this is way more fun when Ryan
himself is doing it! But a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do…. Then flip your hair upside down and keep your fingers running through it.
- When dry, take a flat iron or curling iron and smooth it out or add curls, whatever you would normally do. The key is to NEVER use an iron on wet hair – it will BURN it. And to keep the iron constantly moving – you don’t want 400 degrees sitting on your hair!
- After you use heat, let it cool. As Ryan explained to me, hair is like metal – use heat to form it and then let it cool to set. You need to let it cool down before finishing up your look.
- After it cools off, comb your fingers through your hair to achieve a more natural look (as he puts it, so you don’t end up looking like Shirley Temple). Loosen your hair with your fingers to achieve a natural, sexy look, and he advises to “pull with tension” – don’t be afraid to get in their and work with your hands. And … that’s it! You don’t need to spray again or add anything else to it.
Pages: 1 2