- 10 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate (chips or roughly chopped)
- 12 oz of semi sweet or dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground espresso or dark roasted coffee
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and butter over low flame on the stove until almost completely melted. Stir constantly so not to burn.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and espresso on high speed until fluffy. Reduce speed and blend in melted chocolate mixture.
- Mix in dry ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop generous spoonfuls of the dough (like thick brownie batter) 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies are shiny and crackly and the centers are still soft. Cool for a least 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!