- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups dried bing cherries (easy to find at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla. Once creamy, reduce speed and mix in eggs. Slowly mix in dry mixture until blended. Stir in cherries and nuts. Spoon dough onto un-greased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Recipes yields about 2 dozen cookies.