* A slightly altered take on Martha Stewart’s version of Joe Stone Crab Restaurant’s recipe.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2/3 cup fresh Key lime juice (about 23 Key limes total)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Whisk egg yolks and 1 1/2 tsp of the lime zest in the bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until very thick (about 5 minutes). Reduce speed to medium and add the condensed milk slowly. Raise speed back to high and mix until thick (about 3 minutes). Reduce speed to low and add lime juice until mixed.