Pilates Penny Pincher

Our friend Jamie went to a Pilates class last month and loved it so much she bought an intro package deal: $100 for unlimited lessons for thirty days.  Since the classes were normally $20 a piece, she was sure she’d get more than her money’s worth…

Fast forward to …now.  It’s one month later and Jamie was so unmotivated she went - only once - to class.  Her plan is to go to the studio, make a more “legit” excuse,  and ask them to extend the offer for one more month.  We’re begging her not to ask!  What would you do?

Tell us what you think!

6 Responses to “Pilates Penny Pincher”

1. Monica says:

I would definitely ask. Most places will probably honor her request. At the very least they may offer her another discounted rate to attend the classes at the facility. Most reputable businesses want to keep customers rather than loose then. I have purchased coupons such as these before and asked for extensions when I surpassed the stated expiration. I have had success 99% of the time.

2. Lynn says:

I really don’t think it’s fair to ask – the whole point is that you’re making an agreement with the business owner to use the special deal within the month – after the month you’re supposed to be buying classes again so the business is losing money by extending the terms of the deal … they might agree to do it but i am not so sure it is the right thing to ask…

3. Jess says:

It never hurts to ask!

4. Molly says:

I think it’s perfectly fine to politely ask, but then don’t be upset or disappointed if they say “no”. I agree with Monica, most places want to keep customers, so they might offer Jamie an extension of a week or two, or a discount of future classes. Or they may not.

Point is, I think it’s totally okay to ask, as long as Jamie doesn’t convey an attitude that the pilates studio owes her. They’d be doing her a favor, and she should consider it that way.

5. Lisa says:

agree with Molly – they would def. be doing her a favor and her approach should indicate she realizes that!

6. Nicole says:

I have to agree with Molly as well. It is worth asking politely, but it is important to recognize it is a business. They probably offer the deal knowing that some classes will be missed.