Your Signature Spring Cocktail
Looking for a refreshing crowd pleasing cocktail, or something delightful to sip on the deck after a long day? We just love the Fab & Fru, easy to make Gingermint-Cucumber Fizz, and we know you’ll love it too. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups vodka of choice
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped mint, or 8 sprigs
- 2 English cucumbers; 1 peeled and sliced, 1 peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bottles sparkling water (750 mL each)
- 1/2 to 1 cup
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar (or 1 cup of sugar)
- 1 cup water
- a 4oz piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- Heat the agave and water together in a saucepan until the agave is dissolved. Since agave is liquid this won’t take long. If you substitute sugar, bring the mixture to a boil. Add ginger and reduce to a simmer. Remove from heat, and let steep 30 minutes. Pour syrup through a fine sieve, remove the ginger, and pour into an airtight container or jar. (Refrigerate up to 1 month).
- Pour vodka and sliced cucumber in a glass pitcher or jar. Refrigerate 1 hour. Strain to discard cucumber. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use (up to 2 days).
- Peel and thinly slice the remaining cucumber.
- Fill eight tumblers with ice. Add 3-4 cucumber slices and 3-4 tablespoons of infused vodka to each glass. Fill the glasses the rest of the way with sparkling water, and stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of the ginger syrup.
- Garnish each tumbler with a sprinkle of chopped mint and stir lightly. You can use a sprig of mint as well if you prefer.