Our Favorite Sunscreen

sunshinelady

Fab & Fru Protection For Your Face

I live in Los Angeles – where temperatures have been in the 100s this week.  All this heat got my friends and me talking about our favorite sunscreens…

My search for a new sunscreen all started last year when my (former) favorite facial moisturizer with sunscreen was reformulated – and ruined!  So I went on an all-out pursuit for a new sunscreen – and tried a lot of losers, so hopefully you don’t have to…

The thing is, it’s just not that easy to find a Fab & Fru sunscreen.  For us, it’s not just about money – it’s about the quality of product you are getting for the price.

We were only interested in natural, non-toxic sunscreens – which of course narrowed down our choices quite a bit!  And of the natural ones there are a lot of chalky, disappointing ones in the bunch.  I tried countless brands until I finally came across a winner!

London Calling

kimsayerKimberly Sayer of London Ultra Light Moisturizer – SPF 30 is my new Fab & Fru find!  Though you might be a bit put off by the $32 price tag at first – keep in mind is it for a huge 4 ounce container of the product.  So per ounce it actually costs the same as many drugstore brands like Neutrogena, which can run you about $14.00 for 1.7 ounces.

There’s a lot to love about the Sayer sunscreen.  For starters, it’s chemical free and made with certified organic ingredients.  And yes, she carries a full line of skin care products – we haven’t tried the rest yet but are excited to do so.

When they say ultra light they are not kidding – it has a silky, featherweight texture.  Not only does it feel great going on, but it leaves no chalky after effect like so many others do.

Another Fab & Fru benefit: a little goes a long way.  I have never used more than 2 squirts to cover my whole face – I am still using the bottle I bought last summer!

Face The Facts

Remember, being Fab & Fru is about a lot more than just finding the cheapest product on the market –  it’s about value and quality for the buck.  Though you can’t find it just anywhere, we ordered our Kimberly Sayer moisturizer with SPF online and it was certainly worth waiting a couple days for.  Anyone else out there a fan of Sayer’s line? We’d love to hear what you think!

7 Responses to “Our Favorite Sunscreen”

I’ve used other Kimberly Sayer products (and like them) but haven’t tried this.

What’s making me nervous about it is that it says UVA protection, but not UVB. So it might not product you from the burning rays.

A good sunscreen should say on the label either “Broad Spectrum” or UVA/UVB protection. I wouldn’t use a sunscreen that only does half the job.

• Steph says:

Hi Simone, according to the Kimberly Sayer website it says this product provides “complete sun protection” and it contains both zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which should cover both UVA and UVB rays- on the site I see it just says protects from harmful “UV” rays – where did you see only UVA mentioned? I would like to check it out – many thanks! Fab & Fru

• Steph says:

We just looked at the amazon page and though it does state the product contains “Oat Beta Glucan to protect against UVA oxidative stress” it does go on to say that it contains both Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide for “complete protection from the sun”- was it the Amazon page that you were previously referring to? We’ll double check with the company just to confirm. Many thanks! Fab & Fru

• Steph says:

just confirming – we checked with the company and yes it does offer UVA & UVB protection – hope you try it out it is a great find!

2. Summer says:

I haven’t tried this but I will. Pet peeve: good, lightweight facial products that “reformulate”. My favorite tinted moisturizer was ruined, the new version feels like paste to me. (And truly, it’s not THAT thick but it feels awful.) When I complained I got a gift certificate to the company who made it. Uhm, yeah…don’t really know what I’m going to purchase with that. But thanks. :-) So this is my note to tell people to let your voice be heard…you might get some satisfaction beyond just venting.

• Steph says:

I know – that’s exactly what happened to me! It was so disappointing because I have repeatedly tried to contact the company with no response – but in the meantime I did find the Kimberly Sayer product which is actually better than my old favorite so it all worked out.

3. Romaine says:

Hate using sunscreen on my face each day . I just image those chemicals seeping into my body and on occasion have thought I could taste it in my mouth after applying to my skin. Yuk! Will give this organic brand a try.